Dotted between the palm trees of Zanzibar’s South East Coast, along a wide stretch of postcard-perfect coastline, sits Hakuna Majiwe, the Place of No Stones, a site so idyllic that we named our hotel after it.
The 20 bungalows offering relaxing comfort, functional room features, peace & privacy of Hakuna Majiwe Lodge are spread out along this quiet, palm-fringed beach, each leading straight out onto the hourglass-fine sands and jade waters of the Indian Ocean. The bungalows pay homage to our host culture, mixing thatched roofs and wooden floors with the intricate ornamental vidaka plasterwork of the Swahili Coast, to create a space that is both shamba chic and authentic in style. Be it a private honeymoon retreat which is friendly and informal or hosting your family in our suites, comfort and privacy is always guaranteed.
Sheltered within the tropical splendour of the Hakuna Majiwe estate, experience our natural and unspoiled landscaping, at our expansive palm-lined pool, often visited by the Red Colobus monkeys from the Jozani Forest Reserve, who remain in the trees around the pool.
Paje offers a wide range of water sports including a kite school for the more intrepid guests and an excursion centre for the more curious, wishing to explore the island, there is always something to do to keep you energized and invigorated on holiday. We organize tours with a partner company, and all bookings can be made exclusively at our resort.
Life is always best at the beach at Hakuna Majiwe.. where the sun always smiles and the sea whispers.. Dream.. Explore.. Discover.. Your fun beach holiday begins here..
Things To Do In Zanzibar
- Hone your skills at kitesurfing on Zanzibar coast
- Dive and snorkel in the coral reefs surrounding Zanzibar Islands
- Swim with bottlenose and humpback dolphins in Kizimkazi
- Visit the Jozani Forest Reserve and find out more about the native wildlife
- Wander the streets of Stone Town
- Take an informative Zanzibar Spice Farm Tour
- Feast at the Forodhani night food market
- Take a day trip tour to Prison Island
- Relax on picture-perfect beaches of Zanzibar Archipelago
- Venture to Zanzibar’s little sister island at Pemba
- Learn Zanzibar’s culinary secrets at a local cooking class
To know more, visit our Activities and Location pages.